Good Morning from Bethlehem Public Library ...

Last check-in on Wednesday at 8:11 pm. Overnight: Mostly clear, with a low around -4. Calm wind. Thursday: A slight chance of rain and snow after 4pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 32. Wind chill values as low as -4. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 23. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible. Waxing Gibbous Moon, setting at 2:25 am. The sun will be rising at 7:11 am, with the first light at 6:41 am. 20 days until Ash Wednesday. (Delmar Weather) (Nearby)

Rocks Made of Plastic Found on Hawaiian Beach

Rocks Made of Plastic Found on Hawaiian Beach

"And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

- George Carlin

Good morning, Happy Hump Day. Today is a nice morning after the storm. A bit chilly but not that cold. The snow has been cleared from the sidewalks and the roads are fine. Walked down to the express bus this morning.

Yesterday’s snow storm was seriously downgraded but ultimately in the suburbs we got 6-7 inches of snow. Wish it was more but at least everything was cleaned up quickly.

Dug out my truck and the bus stop last night, so I’m ready to go on Saturday with the truck when I want to head out. We might get a little more snow before then, but it shouldn’t be much more then a dusting based on the current forecast.

Good morning, Happy Tuesday. It looks like we missed the majority the Nor’easter this morning with only a dusting of snow. We might get a few inches today but for the most part it’s supposed to be pretty minor.

Packed my dress shoes and socks last night and wore my insulated hunting boots to work, figuring it would be very snowy but so far not so much so.

I’d like to see more snow but at this point seems unlikely. But who knows, we could still get a couple more inches today and a few more on Thursday. It’s winter.