Good evening! We have made it through the Monday work day. One day down. Mostly cloudy and 36 degrees in Delmar, NY. There is a north breeze at 7 mph. Listening to Punky’s Dilemma, I’m a Citizens for Boysenberry Jam fan. I’ve never had Boysenberry Jam before. I wonder what it tastes like. 

Definitely pretty dark this evening for the commute. Traffic is moving slowly but that’s pretty much the norm during rush hour. It will be less during the holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Probably cook up something for dinner, maybe pasta, then head down to the library for a while. 

Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low of 29 degrees at 6am. Three degrees below normal. North wind around 6 mph. In 2016, we had clear skies. It got down to 25 degrees. The record low of 12 occurred back in 1996.

Tonight will have a Waning Crescent Moon with 17% illuminated. The moon will rise at 2:38 am. The New Moon is on Friday night with a chance of rain/snow. The Cold Moon is on Sunday, December 3rd. The sun will rise at 6:45 am with the first light at 6:15 am, which is one minute and 15 seconds later than yesterday. Tonight will have 14 hours and 12 minutes of darkness, an increase of 2 minutes and 12 seconds over last night.

Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy, with a high of 40 degrees at 1pm. Eight degrees below normal. North wind around 6 mph. A year ago, we had partly cloudy skies, clearing in the afternoon. The high last year was 58 degrees. The record high of 70 was set in 1973. 14.4 inches of snow fell back in 1972. I bet that was pretty awesome. I’m not ready for road salt season yet, already saw a pickup truck covered with it when I was out waiting for the bus. 

Not a particularly nice weekend on tap. Saturday, rain and snow showers likely, becoming all rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Sunday, a chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Typical average high for the weekend is 47 degrees.

Maybe a will take off Friday. It certainly looks like I could from the coverage calendar, and the weather looks nice. The weekend forecast right now kinda sucks. Maybe it will improve. I probably made a mistake in staying home this past weekend. 

On Saturday I dropped off my blazers for dry cleaning, as it will be legislative session time before you know it and I’ve heard that there may be a special session or at least conference before the end of the year. My attitude is just get through all of that crap and bring summer back once again. 

In four weeks on December 11 the sun will be setting at 4:22 pm, which is 11 minutes and 49 seconds earlier then tonight. Not that much of a difference and by that point each night the sun will be starting to set a little later each night. In 2016 on that day, we had snow, mist, cloudy skies and temperatures between 31 and 13 degrees. Typically, you have temperatures between 37 and 23 degrees. The record high of 61 degrees was set back in 1952.

Looking ahead, Christmas is in 6 weeks, January 1, 2018 is in 7 weeks and 35th Birthday is in 11 weeks.